Since the creation of the degree course, 12 project internships have been realised and, in 80% of cases, students have carried out their thesis research in a context of international cooperation.
What happened next?
Good impacts from thesis and internships
- Handbook for maintenance and management of rural aqueduct, realised by the 2017 internship;
- A work table has been established to realise the rural aqueduct designed in Boya by the students of the 2016 internship;
- A cross-border waste collection project between Montenegro and Albania was launched after the thesis of Martina Marogna;
- Within the Madzi-Athu project: 27 water comitee have been established and reunited in an association, 13 neighborhoods reached by a sensibilization programme of latrine self-construction, 10 water springs re-instated;
- Mitigation measures to contrast the gully erosion in Koboko, Uganda;
- Ciolli, M., Bezzi, M., Comunello, G., Laitempergher, G., Gobbi, S., Tattoni, C., & Cantiani, M. G. (2018). Integrating dendrochronology and geomatics to monitor natural hazards and landscape changes. Applied Geomatics, 1-14.
- López Moreira M, G., Hinegk, L., Salvadore, A., Zolezzi, G., Hölker, F., Monte Domecq S, R., … & Escribá, C. (2018). Eutrophication, Research and Management History of the Shallow Ypacaraí Lake (Paraguay). Sustainability, 10(7), 2426.
- Zolezzi, G., Bezzi, M., Spada, D., & Bozzarelli, E. (2018). Urban gully erosion in sub‐Saharan Africa: A case study from Uganda. Land Degradation & Development, 29(3), 849-859.
- Cavada, N., Ciolli, M., Rocchini, D., Barelli, C., Marshall, A. R., & Rovero, F. (2017). Integrating field and satellite data for spatially explicit inference on the density of threatened arboreal primates. Ecological Applications, 27(1), 235-243.
- De Leo, F., Besio, G., Zolezzi, G., Bezzi, M., Floqi, T., & Lami, I. (2016). Coastal erosion triggered by political and socio-economical abrupt changes: the case of Lalzit Bay, Albania. Coastal Engineering Proceedings, 1(35), 13.
- AA.VV. – Zortea, M. (2016). Aree protette, pianificazione e montagna nei paesi in via di sviluppo: un’interessante esperienza in Tanzania (Protected areas, land planning and mountains in Developing Countries: an interesting experience in Tanzania), Reticula by ISPRA, Rome 2016, special monographic issue: Gestione conservativa e pianificazione delle risorse e dei territori montani
- Trimingham, R., Lazzarini, B., Pérez-Foguet, A., Noble, N., Boni, A., Sierra-Castañer, M., … & Zolezzi, G. (2016). Integrating the global dimension in engineering education: experiences from a collaborative project. In Teaching Education for Sustainable Development at University Level (pp. 175-190). Springer, Cham.